Electrical Trade Test
Do you dream of becoming a qualified electrician? Have you been working as an electrical technician or assistant for 3 years? Then you likely qualify to write your trade exam. Turn your dream into reality with Nomanzi Trade College. Allow us to help you prepare for your ARPL and Red Seal electrical trade test.
Coming soon: Training for Wireman’s License and Installation Rules Paper 1 and Paper 2. Contact us for inquiries.
Price and duration of preparation and electrical trade test.
- The ARPL and preparation training for electricians requires 10 workdays.
- The electrical trade test price is R12500 in Pretoria and R14500 in Cape Town.
- Your final test is conducted over 2 workdays.
- You must pass all 5 modules.
- You receive 2 further attempts to pass failed modules.
- Subject to an additional cost and prior arrangement, Saturday classes are available.
- Register and apply online for your electrical trade test.
Electrical Red Seal examination tasks.
Electrical candidates must complete these tasks successfully during the Red Seal trade test:
- Cable testing according to SANS 10142.
- Construction work according to SANS 10142.
- Design and wire a circuit.
- Fault finding and repair of pre-wired starters.
- Inspection and testing of components.
- Installation work.
- Test and repair a pre-wired starter.
- Various motor testing according to SANS 10142.
Electrical Red Seal exam preparation.
- Assesses your skills, techniques, and knowledge of specific electrical installations.
- The preparation course includes the Recognition of Prior Learning test (ARPL).
- We iron out any installation uncertainty and skill gaps and prepare you for your electrical trade test in a fully equipped workshop.
- Based on the NAMB practical examination modules you will perform step-by-step installations according to national safety standards and electrical regulations.
Learning outcomes for electrical artisans:
- Cable test (1000V).
- Construction work.
- Current and voltage transformer panel using selector switches.
- Design and wire current transformers, potential transformers, and oscillating starter panels.
- Energy panel (single and three-phase).
- Fault-finding relay panel.
- Fault-finding (multiple) on various star/delta starters.
- Fault-finding on dual-speed motors (rotary and contactor switching).
- Fault-finding on various autotransformers and resistance starters.
- Load balancing panel (240V and 400V loads).
- Motor test (single and three-phase, slip ring).
- Sequence starters (automatic, semi-automatic, and manual).
- Single-phase forward/reverse starter (various controls and motors).
- Star/delta and forward/reverse starter.
- Three-phase forward/reverse starter (various control and motors).
Contact us if you have any other questions or require a quote. Visit our FAQ page for answers about qualifications, when applications are open, class times, meals and accommodation, the need for preparation, and when you’ll receive your Red Seal certificate.